1. Make sure you make time to renew your Wilderness First Responder
2. Get some friends together and go on a personal expedition.
3. Challenge yourself the same way you challenge your students! Your challenge might be to learn a computer program like Adobe Dreamweaver or to participate in a public hearing.
4. Look for gear sales. Local retail stores and online sites are having amazing sales during the off season.
5. Swap services. Let’s say you are a kayaker, show someone effective paddling stroke and in exchange have them teaches you or give you something you want.